Our COVID-19 Response
In response to COVID-19, we have implemented changes according to the guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (MDHHS), and our local health department. These changes are intended to protect our patients and staff so that we can continue to be open and available to you. They include:
- Social distancing markers to indicate where to stand and wait before your turn
- Dividers to separate people from one another
- Plexiglass barriers between staff and patients
- Signs with instructions
- Limited seating in the lobby
Added protections include:
- Masks and hand sanitizer for your use
- Staff will be wearing masks and gloves (staff have also completed COVID-19 training)
- When staff call to confirm your appointment, they may conduct a health screening questionnaire
- Upon your arrival at your appointment, staff will conduct a health screening questionnaire
- Staff will complete a health screening before arriving to work
- Face masks are still required to be seen for an appointment (if you do not have one, we will gladly give you a mask)
- Please limit the number of family members/support individuals attending the appointment. If support is necessary, they will also undergo a health screening. In some cases, appointments may have to be rescheduled in 2 weeks.
- Frequent disinfecting of the lobby, chairs, counters, and offices, as well as a thorough disinfecting of the centers by a nightly cleaning crew, will occur
We encourage patients to call ahead to schedule an appointment and pick up supplies. We may be able to help you over the phone, schedule a tele-audiology appointment, or have supplies ready for you to pick up after taking payment over the phone. Additionally, our monthly walk-in hearing aid cleaning clinic is canceled until further notice.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping all of us as safe as possible while at our hearing centers. Remember, if you are feeling sick or have recently tested positive with COVID-19 or have COVID-19 symptoms, please cancel your appointment, stay home and isolate.
Preparedness and Response Plan
(working document updated 9.8.22)