Our COVID-19 Response
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are implementing changes according to the guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the State of Michigan. These changes are intended to protect our patients and staff so that we can continue to be open and available to you. They include:
- Social distancing markers to indicate where to stand and wait before your turn
- Dividers to separate people from one another
- Plexiglass barriers between staff and patients
- Signs with instructions
- Limited seating in the lobby
Added protections include:
- Hand sanitizer and gloves for your use
- Staff will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks, gloves, gowns, goggles, and face shields (staff have also completed COVID-19 training)
- When staff call to confirm your appointment, they will conduct a health screening questionnaire
- Upon your arrival to your appointment, staff will conduct a health screening questionnaire and take your temperature with a no-touch thermometer
- Staff will complete a health screening and temperature check before arriving to work
- Face coverings are required to be seen for an appointment (if you do not have one, we will gladly give you a mask)
- Only the patient scheduled for an appointment should enter the center unless support is necessary (i.e. wheelchair assistance, parent/guardian with a child). If support is necessary, they will also undergo a health screening and temperature check. In some cases, appointments may have to be rescheduled in 2 weeks.
- Frequent disinfecting of the lobby, chairs, counters, and offices, as well as a thorough disinfecting of the centers by a nightly cleaning crew will occur
At this time, we are only able to see patients who have called to schedule an appointment. Please no walk-ins to buy supplies or drop-offs of hearing aids. We may be able to help you over the phone, schedule a tele-audiology appointment, or have supplies ready for you to pick up after taking payment over the phone. Additionally, our monthly walk-in hearing aid cleaning clinic is canceled until further notice.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping all of us as safe as possible while at our hearing centers. Remember, if you are feeling sick or have recently been near someone with COVID-19 or near someone with COVID-19 symptoms, please cancel your appointment, stay home, and contact your primary care doctor.
Preparedness and Response Plan
(working document updated 9.3.20)